Computer science and schools
© Picture-Factory - Fotolia.com
We're offering different courses for pupils and teachers:
- In taster courses pupils can experience studying Computer Science directly on campus several times a year.
- For female pupils only: the Girls Day ! Gain exciting insights to Computer Science and experience them first hand by participating in the activities. Girls Day is organized every year in April.
- The Software Challenge is a national programming competition organized by the Department of Computer Science Kiel, in which school teams compete against each other.
- In Junior Studies pupils can already attend lectures at university and have their gained credits acknowledged for a future study while still at school.
- We organize Information events at schools for pupils in upper secondary schools.
- In cooperation with the IQSH long-term courses in advanced education for teachers regularly take place at the Department of Computer Science.
- In the project movingart - pictures learn to move teachers are encouraged to use the software Scratch in their Art lessons to create computer animations, interactive stories or simple computer games.